The NACDS Foundation Faculty Scholars program offers professors at accredited U.S. schools or colleges of pharmacy interested in community pharmacy-based, patient-centered research the opportunity to engage in an 18-month mentorship program. Participants in the Faculty Scholars program will bring their research idea from concept to manuscript over the course of the program through a starter grant provided by NACDS Foundation, mentorship from experienced researchers, educational networking opportunities with thought leaders, and attendance at national conference education programs.
Program activities will include: conference calls with mentors and fellow Faculty Scholars, online lecture series from community-based research leaders, in-person meetings, and small working groups.
- Must be an associate or assistant professor at an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy
- Must have the ability to implement a patient care research project at a community pharmacy practice site
Application must include:
- Recommendation from applicant’s on-site mentor
- Applicant statement of research interest
- Potential community pharmacies where research could be conducted
- Applicant CV
- Suggested: Nomination from U.S. school/college of pharmacy Dean or department Chair
Application Deadline for the 2020-2021 Faculty Scholars Program: Friday, September 20th
Select applicants will be contacted for an interview in Fall 2019.